It is with equal proportions of joy and sadness that IJGlobal today (13 July) announces the winners of our awards for company activity and deals closed across the 2019 calendar year in the Asia Pacific region.
The APAC team – led by regional editor Alexandra Dockreay in Sydney and senior journalist Dave Doré in Hong Kong – had been looking forward to hosting a conference in Singapore, followed by an awards night in The Westin.
This was sadly cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic as IJGlobal took the tough decision that so many other organisations did in this challenging time – to cancel events in the interests of the safety and well-being of our partners.
However, we are now delighted to announce the winners in Infrastructure Journal’s news pages with far greater detail to be found in our awards issue of the IJGlobal Magazine – in digital format only due to Covid-19.
To access the magazine, CLICK HERE…
Before naming the winners, we at IJ are always keen to drive home the impartiality of our judging process which – we believe – is renowned for being the most fairly judged, relying on a team of independent, senior infrastructure and energy players active across the APAC region.
Award winners in the institutional categories for Asia Pacific are:
- DFI of the Year – Asian Development Bank
- Bond Arranger – HSBC
- MLA of the Year – DBS Bank
- Financial Adviser of the Year – HSBC
- Sponsor of the Year – wpd
- Legal Adviser of the Year – Norton Rose Fulbright
Winners in the Asia Pacific transaction category are:
- Waste – East Rockingham Resource Recovery Facility financing
- Metals & Mining – Greenbushes Hard Rock Lithium Mine expansion & refinancing
- Oil & Gas – Jambaran-Tiung Biru Gas Processing
- Petrochemicals – Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID)
- Telecoms – Kacific1 Satellite refinancing
- Refinancing – AES-VCM Mong Duong 2 refinancing
- Innovation – Da Mi Floating Solar
- Hydro – Tina River Hydropower PPP
- Rail – Cross River Rail PPP
- Road – Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville Expressway
- Offshore Wind – Yunlin Offshore Wind
- Onshore Wind – Super Six Wind
- Energy Storage – Hornsdale Power Reserve & expansion financing
- ESG Finance Innovation – Sydney Airport ESG-linked loan refinancing
- Power – Gulf Pluak Daeng CCGT
- Solar – Teknaf Solar