IJGlobal Awards 2018 – Europe & Africa
The London event to celebrate deals closed and participants involved in infrastructure finance over the course of 2018 was staged tonight (Thursday) in the spiritual home of IJGlobal awards – the Natural History Museum, London.
This is the third IJGlobal awards night to have been staged this month following events in New York and Dubai to celebrate successes of the 2018 calendar year in the Americas and the Middle East and North Africa, respectively.
The crowning point of the night saw Allen & Overy pick up the Global Legal Adviser award, following the award in New York of the Global MLA which went to MUFG Bank.
These awards are especially important as they are decided by aggregating scores from across all four regional judging panels, and cross-referencing those findings with IJGlobal’s 2018 league tables.
To win an award in the global category, competitors must have been notably active in the previous calendar year and highly rated by industry experts across the world.
Award winners in the institutional categories for Europe and Africa – voted for by the IJGlobal independent judging panellists – are:
- European and African Sponsor of the Year – Ørsted
- European MLA – Lloyds Banking Group
- African MLA – Standard Chartered Bank
- European and African Alternative Lender – Aviva Investors
- European and African Fund Manager of the Year – Infracapital
- European and African Legal Adviser – Ashurst
- European and African Bond Arranger – Citigroup
- European and African Financial Adviser – Rothschild & Co
- European and African Technical Adviser – Arup
- European and African Model Auditor of the Year – BDO
Winners in the European transaction category are:
- Offshore Wind – SeaMade
- Onshore Wind – Tesla Wind: Dolovo Wind Farm
- Solar – RTR Portfolio Acquisition and Refinancing
- Transmission and Distribution – Idex Acquisition
- Airports – Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport
- Ports – Rotterdam World Gateway Refinancing
- Rail – Wales & Borders
- Roads – 1915 Canakkale Bridge & Motorway
- Social Infrastructure – Haren Prison PPP
- M&A – John Laing Infrastructure Fund
- Refinancing – the M25 Refinancing
- Telecoms – Open Fiber Broadband
- Water – SAUR Acquisition
- Waste – Cory Riverside
- Biomass – Greenalia Biomass Power Curtis-Teixeiro
- Hydro Power – Acquisition of Menzelet and Kilavuzlu HEPPs
- Power – Bizkaia Energia Holding Company Financing
- Oil & Gas Upstream – Neptune Energy
- Oil & Gas Midstream – Mutual Energy, Gas to the West Project
Winners in the African transaction category are
- Power – Nachtigal Hydro
- African Fundraising – Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund
- M&A – AIIM Acquisition of SEGAP Stake
- Refinancing – Bujagali Hydro
- Wind – Taiba N'Diaye
- Solar – Akuo Kita
- Biomass – Ngodwana Energy Biomass
- Mining and Metals – Pangea Platinum Metal Purchase
The next IJGlobal awards night to be staged this year – and the final one for 2018 – is the Asia Pacific event next Thursday (28 March) in the Singapore Hilton.